Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 7 Reading Diary A: Rama vs. Ravana

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts from pages 325-373 of the Ramayana retold by William Buck.  


  • It's kind of sweet that Shiva, the destroyer god, took Malyavan away from the battle.  
  • I would actually like Mandodari if she wasn't married to Ravana.
  • So charioteers are like a necessity for gods and demons ?
  • The part where Rama cuts Ravana's heads as they grow back reminds me of the quote, "Cut off one head, Two more shall take its place."
  • I don't remember the part of Ravana turning into Indra in the other version.  
  • I feel like Ravana dies much faster in Buck's retelling. 
  • The letter is an interesting addition to the story.
  • Sita and Rama make me sad since I know what will happen in the end. 
  • And this section ends with a happy ending….for now.  
(Rama in the Pushpaka from the Reading Guide.)

No comments:

Post a Comment