- I'm especially glad that there are reading guides to go along with this book because I just started it and I'm already getting all of the names mixed up!
- This is a harsh punishment for stealing a cow…
- Stealing the cow did not work out to well for Bhishma. I don't know why he things stealing daughters from a swayamvara is a good idea.
- They have a very strange solution to the problem of not having an heir...
- First time that I've heard of a mantra for obtaining sons from gods…
- Karna is one letter off from Karma. I'm suspicious.
- Karna has a similar upbringing to Moses.
- So now Pandu basically has the children of gods.
- Madri most be irresistible.
- Wow the sister of a dangerous rakshasa falls in love with the hero. Influenced by the Ramayana?
- Draupadi gets 5 husbands!!!! Wow normally it's the men in this time who can have multiple spouses and not the wives!
Monday, March 9, 2015
Week 9 Reading Diary A: Starting The Mahabharata
This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts from pages 1-39 of The Mahabharata retold by R.K. Narayan.